Humans have been gifted with the intelligence to make use of it to innovate new things and to bring life to things that were once considered impossible. Humans have allowed the world to progress by inventing new things and discovering options to modernize the world using technology. But, the physical strength of humans has limited their capability of managing all the work, which primarily includes heavy and bulky weight. Still, they have found an alternative by innovating machines and cranes to help them in this aspect. The most used cranes in industries are crane single girder and double girder, but people often confuse the use of both cranes due to their names, but they both are differently designed to serve different purposes.
Following are the things that allow one to distinguish between both the cranes:
- Structure and construction: The first and foremost contrast between both machinery is structure. The name itself suggests that single girder cranes have one bridge beam; on the other hand, The other crane has two bridge beams. This difference is visible, allowing people to differentiate between both of them.
- Under Bridge light: The thing which single girder cranes lack is under bridge light which allows one to even work at night or even natural light is unavailable. Whereas, Double girder cranes have under bridge lights allowing light illumination, making it possible for workers to continue their work even at night.
- Prices: The difference in the price also exists between both of the cranes. Single girder cranes are usually low in cost, making it essential for people to invest in maintenance to work effectively. In contrast, the other crane is expensive but works properly even without costly maintenance.
- Functions: Single girder cranes play an essential role in lifting small amounts of weight that one can easily handle, but the second type of crane is robust machines allowing industries to lift heavy materials. It helps ensure the protection of the workers and enhances their work quality.
- Operations: Operating systems of single and double girder cranes are slightly different because single girder cranes are utilized through radio remote and cannot be handled via the operational cabin. At the same time, a double girder crane is operated through all the systems, including pendant, operating cabin, and radio remote.
- Brakes: The cranes differ in the brake systems because of their construction. The electric hydraulic thruster is absent in a single girder crane and only consists of a Dc disc brake. On the other hand, double girder cranes comprise a combination of both brakes with no restriction.
Machinery is the must-have of any industry that makes it essential for them to have a comprehensive understanding of the technique they are investing in and about the functions of all the machines, including jib crane or any other machinery. All mentioned differences have clarified that the discussed machines are distinguishable in terms of operations and structure. It is crucial to resemble devices to find what suits better for the particular task. Invest in the right to achieve what’s right.